Thursday, April 19, 2018

Rest in Peace, dear Ann

I note with sorrow the passing of our own dear Ann Fontaine, Episcopal priest, fierce warrior for justice,  a Friend of Jake's, and founding member of this blog.  Ann died yesterday at home in Oregon, with family. 

Oh my, I can't remember a time when I was a part of the Episco-blogosphere and didn't know Ann.  And my participation extends back 15 years and more! We met IRL only once, at a 2009 meetup of this community at General Convention  but as a facebook friend in more recent years, she was a daily part of my life. She routinely added me to various Episcopal FB groups (which if you think about it, is pretty funny).  Her typical crisp comments and strong opinions always kept a vibrant conversation going!

I was sad when she told us about her lung disease, and awed and humbled by the open and grace-filled way she followed her journey to its conclusion.  Always teaching. What a blessing to us all.

There's a fine memoir at the Episcopal Cafe. 

Leave your memories in the comments. 

We all extend our deepest sympathies to her family.

No comments: